A few weeks ago I thought I would order a couple of the Chapterhouse Salamanders rhino kits for my force. I finally got them in last week and I decided to put them on and see how they look. Overall, they look good, but there are some areas that were lacking. The pieces that fit the sides did not fit well and hand to be trimmed down a lot to make work close to how they were suppose to.
The top hatch did not quite fit the space it was designed for, specifically the notches for the hinge were to close together so it did not fit quite right. I had to remedy this by shaving down the hinges a fair bit. Not a huge deal, but I had to remove some detail in order to get it to fit right. Additionally, this was not applicable to just 1 kit, but both of them that I received.
Finally, the front armor plate, does not fit right into it’s spot. The lower half sits to far back so you have to brace it up with something in order to get it to be flush with the fuselage. Nothing major, but for the cost of the kit I would expect it to be a better fit for it.
Now that the negatives with the kit are over, some positives. The detail on the pieces is rather high, especially the doors for the kit. The excess flashing that was on the kit was fairly easy to remove. None of the pieces were warped which made it easier to work with.
All in all I am fairly happy with it. There were some negatives, but after it was all put in place it looks good now all that is left is to paint it.