Following up with my post on painting my sisters of battle, this will be a brief discussion on how I painted my storm troopers.
GW Desert Yellow
GW Badab black wash
GW Mechrite red
Vallejo model air gold
GW Scorched brown
Vallejo model air steel
GW Chaos Black
GW Devlin mud wash
So the process was fairly simple, I first primed the models with white primer. I then applied the desert yellow to the cloth sections of the armor. After letting it dry for a bit I did a once over with badab black to darken the recesses a bit. After the badab black dried, I dry brushed another layer of the desert yellow onto the model so that the highest points of the cloth looked the lightest. All of this gave the model a nice canvas look to it.
I used a layer of scorched brown on the boots, with black for the soles. Additionally, I used the scorched brown for the leather pouches carried by my troopers.
I used a 50/50 mix of scorched brown and mechrite red to paint my carapace. This gave me a nice dark red that covered well over the white. I then followed it up with a layer of devlin mud wash, and picked out the aquilla on the left chest plate with gold.
I painted the las gun black, then used steel to get the barrel, and the magazine a nice metallic look. Additionally, I used steel on all of the tabs and buckles on the model.
With that, this is how I painted my storm troopers.